CULTURE is Innovation, Sustainability and Wellbeing
Lazio, endless discovery
Describing the Lazio Region in just a few lines is not easy. It is the Region that hosts Rome and it is often easier to just refer to the presence of the “eternal city”, which makes it easy to understand that Rome itself is part of a territory that, after being layered over the millennia, conserves very important testimonies of the centuries and the peoples who inhabited these places even before the legend of Romulus and Remus was even imagined.
Its participation in Expo Dubai intends to highlight Lazio’s points of strength according to four principal thematic areas:
The cultural and historic heritage
The environment and landscapes
A competitive region
The Regional Sustainable Development Strategy
RUNUP to Expo Dubai
As was done for of the previous Expos of Milan and Astana, the Lazio Region set up an operational inter-councillorship working group coordinated by the Regional President’s Office concertedly with the Councillorship for productive activities, and with the technical assistance of Lazio Innova. The group was tasked to engage regional stakeholders, companies, universities, research centres, the Chambers of Commerce, etc. with a view to promoting, facilitating and coordinating the participation of agencies and organizations in Expo 2020 Dubai.
The Lazio Region intends to attend the Dubai Expo to promote the innovations, technologies, best practices and creativity in the priority sectors of the Expo.
The Region also promotes several regional meetings and events to prepare for the Expo, so that it can present itself as cohesive and go prepared to such an important event for regional development.
For more details on the activities of the Lazio Region and of the Italian Commissioner’s Office, visit the News and events and Opportunities for businesses sections of the site.
At Expo Dubai
The Lazio Region confirmed its presence at the Universal Expo when it signed the “Memorandum of Understanding between the Italian Section Commissioner General for Expo 2020 Dubai and the Lazio Region” on 12 November 2019.
The Agreement provides for its inclusion in “Il Belvedere” space of the Italy Pavilion’s exhibition itinerary, where “the story of the regional territory will be inserted in a unique and recognizable way”, as well as on the “Video Wall”, through the “Regional Monography” project.
The Lazio Region will therefore participate in the Universal Expo through two different paths:
- By sharing the National Participation Project, promoting specific activities included in the national agenda of the Italy Pavilion developed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) and the Conference of Regions
- Through a regionally-managed Project outlining a programme capable of involving the entire Region, with a special focus on the following themes:
- Lazio – Territory and Culture
- Lazio – Talents and Creativity
- Lazio – Business and Innovation.
The Universal Expo represents a unique opportunity for the Lazio Region to:
– promote the priority sectors of the Expo
– increase foreign direct investment opportunities
– support international collaborations and technological partnerships between companies, academic organizations and the world of science.