Request for expressions of interest and selection of companies in the sector
The Lazio Region, within the framework of activities in favour of the economic-productive system on the occasion of the forthcoming participation in the Universal Exhibition to be held in Dubai from 1 October 2021 to 30 March 2022, selects companies in the Agro-industry sector for participation in the internationalisation project “Italian Food and Beverage in the Gulf” and in the Speciality Food Fair, an initiative to promote the sector in Arab countries.
The activity is promoted by the Department of Economic Development, Trade and Crafts, University, Research, Start – Up and Innovation and the Department of Agriculture, Forestry, Promotion of the Food Chain and Culture, Equal Opportunities of the Lazio Region, in collaboration with ARSIAL, Regional Agency for Development and Innovation of Agriculture in Lazio and Agro Camera.
The project will last 6 months, from October 2021 to March 2022.
“Italian Food and Beverage in the Gulf” is an initiative in favour of Export and Internationalisation of the Agro-industry supply chain, organised by the Italian Chamber of Commerce in the Arab Emirates, technical advisor to the Lazio Region, aimed at supporting Lazio companies in the Agrifood sector that intend to systematically approach a rich and competitive market such as that of the Gulf countries. In fact, data show that operators and buyers appreciate Made in Italy products and that Italy is the second European country for exports to the UAE.
This call for proposals is aimed at companies in Lazio operating in the food and beverage sector (excluding companies that deal with pork derivatives) and that are positioned in the medium/medium-high end of the market.
The project foresees the selection of companies in compliance with the following criteria:
- website in English
- representative fluent in English
- minimum turnover of 500,000 euros per year 2017, 2018, 2019
- minimum 15% export on turnover 2017, 2018, 2019
- minimum 1 or 2 on-site appearances at the Speciality Food fair, 7-9 November 2021.
The selection will be made at the sole discretion of an evaluation committee composed of Representatives of the Italian Chamber of Commerce in the UAE.
Selected companies will benefit from the following services for 6 months:
- Assignment of a sales manager residing in Dubai, dedicated to the promotion of the Company and Products in the entire Gulf Area through direct contact and initial training.
- Availability of an own representative at the Chamber’s offices in Dubai in order to provide initial guarantees to local Buyers.
- Use of a B2B digital export platform for 6 months, used as a springboard to present one’s own products and company, also to other Gulf countries such as Saudi Arabia, Oman, Kuwait and Bahrain.
- Participation in the Speciality Food Fair, which will take place from 7 to 9 November, as part of a collective exhibition in Lazio, in the IICUAE Italy Area. During the three days of the fair, international chefs and restaurateurs from Dubai will present their creations, also using the products of companies from Lazio.
Companies interested in participating should register HERE no later than 26 September 2021.
Notice is hereby given that the expenses incurred by the organisers for participation in the initiative in question will be considered as “Aid under the de minimis regime”, in accordance with EU Regulation No 1407/2013.
Please note that the maximum amount of aid under the “de minimis” regime that may be granted to the same company in a three-year period (the current financial year and the two previous ones), without prior notification to and authorisation by the European Commission and without affecting the conditions of competition between companies, is € 200,000.00.
If the above thresholds are exceeded, no aid may be granted, not even for the part that does not exceed those ceilings.
If the facility is declared incompatible with the rules of the Treaty on the Functioning of the EU by the European Commission and the company is found to be in receipt of State aid in excess of those thresholds, it will be subject to recovery of the entire facility granted, and not just the part exceeding the “de minimis” threshold.
Following the obligation of prior consultation and implementation of the National Register of State Aid, as per MISE Regulation no. 115 of 31 May 2017, the amounts relating to the facilities granted will consequently be included in the aforementioned Register, up to a maximum amount of € 3,500.00 (three thousand five hundred.00) per company.
Finally, the startup is requested to inform the organisers whether it has benefited, in the current financial year and in the two previous financial years, from “de minimis” aid and, if so, to specify the amount, granting body and date.
Lazio Innova SpA – Internationalisation, Clusters & Studies
tel. 06-605160, email: firstname.lastname@example.org